Mobile Support Worker
In line with its principle of care,hardwork and professionalism,Starrycare recruitment services is urgently looking for an experienced mobile support officer to provide physical and psychological support to elderly patients, friends, and families.
Weekly hours: 37
Working hours and breaks: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm (no weekend work)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving the physical well-being of our service users
- Maintaining and improving your emotional well-being and mental health of service users
- Help our service users to assess any risks they may face and develop skills to keep them safe in their home, including internet security.
- Assist our service users in managing their medicationsAssist in developing activities of daily living
- Support of service users in selfcare and hygiene.
Experience and person specification
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Knowledge of sheltered housing and its purpose
• Knowledge and experience of support planning and risk assessments
• Knowledge of health and safety
• Experience of assisting with the care and support needs of older people
• Experience of working with drug and alcohol abuse
• Experience of Safeguarding Adults
• Experience of working with elderly or mental health/substance misuse setting
• Experience of housing management and referring clients to third party agencies
• Experience in customer service and good communication skills
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check Clearance and DRIVING LICENSE WITH BUSINESS INSURANCE IS NECESSARY FOR THE ROLE
All expenses will be covered: 45p per mile